Harry Potter Reread
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power and Influence

Go down

Power and Influence Empty Power and Influence

Post by Admin Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:06 pm

On pg. 108, Rowling writes, “ ‘You’ll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter.  You don’t want to go making friends with the wrong sort.  I can help you there.’ He held out his hand to shake Harry’s, but Harry didn’t take it. ‘I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks,’ he said coolly.”

• Draco comes from a very powerful wizarding family.  Harry is famous, but doesn’t hold as much power within the wizarding community as Lucius Malfoy does.  Everyone pretty much knows that Lucius was a Death Eater and Harry Potter was the one to defeat Voldemort.  
  • What does this say about the wizarding community?
  • We later find out that Lucius is quite influential politically because of the money he has.  How is Lucius Malfoy similar to rich people in politics in America (Think the Koch Brothers)?  How is he different?

What are some clues we get throughout the story as to the power and status of individual's or families?

Admin
Admin

https://theharrypotterreread.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum